Most dogs love to eat; period. A dog dish is a standout amongst the most…
Traveling with Your Dog
Summer vacation is rapidly approaching and you might be wondering what great adventures you can have with your dog. If you have been considering traveling with your pooch, we have a list of 5 great places you simply must visit with your best friend.
Before you go, be sure your furry pal has a comfortable collar for the journey. We suggest investing in a padded collar found here: https://www.porta-us.com/padded-leather-collars/. High quality padded leather collars are top of the line. They are great for taking your pup hiking, walking, jogging, and vacationing. They are a beneficial tool during the much needed training and obedience sessions as well. When your pup has the right collar, he/she will be ready to take these jaunts with you.
5 Places to Vacation with Your Pooch
Believe it or not, many of the places on your bucket list are pet friendly. You can enjoy the summer sun with your best friend in some of these incredible destinations. Do not miss these 5 places to vacation with your pooch:
- Sonoma Valley– Expansive and breath-taking vineyards will accost you during this scenic trip. The wineries in Sonoma are often dog friendly. In fact, there are more than 50 of them that will allow you to bring your pup along while you sample the divine harvest. Then, after you’ve spent plenty of time tasting wines, you can take your dog to one of the cafes that allow doggy dining. The parks there are incredible too when your dog’s ready for some outdoor adventures. Learn more.
- Fort Collins– This is a humble Colorado town that offers a lot of fun for your canine compadre. A good number of the breweries will allow your dog to attend as long as you stay on the patio. However, there’s a couple that will let them inside too while you taste the craft beers. Then you can hit the lake with your dog.
- Austin- The retail establishments here are dog friendly as long as your pup acts right while inside. And most of the restaurants feel the same way. They will let you eat on the patio. If that’s not reason enough, there are 15 off leash dog parks for your dog to run around in. Read this.
- Chattanooga– It is time to take the dog hiking. There’s a ten mile day hike at North Chickamauga Creek Pocket Wilderness Park. You can both take a quick dip in the creek if you get too hot. Then there’s the Walnut Street Bridge that will allow for a relaxing walk across the Tennessee River. Stop at a restaurant with a dog friendly patio and enjoy a hearty dinner.
- Cape Cod- Some of the beaches in Cape Cod have dog restrictions during the summer, so be sure you check them out before taking the dog. However, these beaches are always open to your four legged buddy: Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, and Truro. You can take a historic walk down the Cape Cod Rail Trail later if you are so inclined. You’ll find plenty of places to eat and drink along the way.
When it comes to traveling places with your dog, you have to remember to observe leash laws, clean up after him/her, and only bring your pup if he/she is well-behaved and friendly. We want to keep these dog friendly options available to all who desire to vacation with their pooches. If you are looking for other suggestions, read this.