Whether you live in Middlesex or Miami, the truth is, you need to be more active. Our leisurely, gaming, technology based daily functionality is wreaking havoc on our well-being. Since we know and recognize this issue, we suggest that there are a number of reasons Middlesex residents need to snorkel.
Of course, they say you find the best snorkeling in Cozumel. When you go to Cozumel you are accosted by all the natural beauty that awaits you. This island is rife with stunning scenery. So, taking your time snorkeling is certainly well worth the effort. Especially since the “second largest coral reef system in the world” is found there. But all of your snorkeling doesn’t have to be done so far from home. You simply need to realize just how good it really is for you.
Health Benefits of Going Snorkeling
We will quickly gloss over the fact that this is one of the best ways to see the underwater world. After all, most people get that aspect. But, what they don’t generally anticipate are the health benefits of going snorkeling. So, since that’s something many people are unaware of, and should be the driving factor for Middlesex residents to start doing it, we will explain the benefits for you:
- General fitness- If you’ve been looking for something that is toning and trimming and has the simultaneous ability to motivate you, snorkeling is the thing for you. You will be working out your hip flexors, quads, shoulders, core, calves, and hamstrings as you explore. And, your overall endurance and strength will be improved as you burn roughly 300 calories an hour.
- Mental health- Facing the glorious underwater world has a way of relieving stress and anxiety. Plus, if you have ever tried meditative breathing, you will note that snorkeling requires much the same process. This aids in calming and relaxing the body. Read this.
- Cardiovascular well-being- Snorkeling can strengthen your heart muscles while increasing your heart rate. And since improving your cardiovascular well-being can have a host of other benefits attached to it that should be reason enough.
- Low impact workout- Water’s ability to buoy you can ease the pain and stiffness of problematic joints. And spending time in the water has shown to improve endurance and flexibility. If you have any of a host of joint issues, like rheumatoid arthritis, or limited mobility, snorkeling, and the swimming that goes with it are highly beneficial.
- Breathing improves- When you snorkel you have to utilize your maximum oxygen uptake. Breathing through that little tube creates some resistance and therefore requires you to exert more effort while breathing. You learn to regulate your breathing evenly and this exercise can improve your aerobic fitness levels substantially. Learn more.
- Mood enhancement- Endorphins are released while snorkeling. And, since those snorkeling are utilizing controlled breathing processes it becomes like a meditation as you explore. That allows your body to calm down and reach a particularly wonderful relaxed state that will certainly put you in a better mood.
- Nature’s impact- Especially if you have the joy of snorkeling in Cozumel, the most colorful creatures on the planet come right into view. Being able to see them where they live naturally is infinitely more fulfilling that visiting them in some manmade aquarium somewhere.
So, if you struggle with anxiety disorders, or ADHD, as well as any host of physical ailments, it is probably a good idea to look into where you can go snorkeling for the first time. If you still don’t believe us, read this. You’ll be glad you did.