The news of terrorist attacks across the globe can make the idea of traveling more…
Pool and Swimming Safety Don’t Go On Vacation, Even When You Do
Safety is something that should be observed when taking part in sports and games. Most games come with safety accessories that could include helmets, gloves, and pads. Failure to wear some of these safety gear could lead to injury, and even put your life in danger. In this article, we are going to talk about pool and swimming safety. There are swimming survival skills that people should teach their children, and also know themselves, as listed below:
- Float or tread water for one minute
- Turn around in a full circle and look for a way out
- Swim 25 yards to exit the water
- Pull yourself up on the side of the pool to get out of the water without using the ladder
Flip and float
People should learn to flip and float on their backs, so that when they get tired in the water, they don’t panic.
People that have children should teach them how to dial emergency numbers like 911 in the event that there is an emergency in the pool. This would also require them to have phones near the pools.
Before you enter the pool, make sure that you walk around the pool to familiarize with the depth of areas in the pool. You also need to know where to touch in order to save your life. If you have children, make imaginary lines where they can’t cross.
Take note of surrounding equipment
You should always make sure that you know the safety equipment around the pool, so that in the event of an emergency, you’ll know what to use. This safety equipment could include nets and floats.
Basic CPR, even kids can do
People should try and educate themselves on basic CPR, since it could easily be the difference between life and death. There are organizations like Red Cross that offer certified classes.
Rain, rain go away
One of the most important tips that you should observe is never to swim when it is raining, since the probability is that there will be thunder, and when there is thunder, lightning will most likely erupt.
Drains and suction
If you have kids, you should make sure that they stay away from drains and suctions, since they can actually get trapped and be held in place.
The Best Swim Cap
Still on the subject of swimming, we are now going to review the best swim cap for long hair that you can find on the market. This will make it easier for you to choose the next time that you’re out shopping for one.
Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap
This durable swim cap that is made of silicone that aerates the hair. It stretches well, making it suitable for long hair. It is recommended by professionals, and works perfectly for learners.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- No snagging – easy to wear and take off
- Can stretch to double its size, making it perfect for long hair
- Hugs the head to significantly minimize drag
- Special design for swimmer that have long, thick hair
Swimtastic Lycra Swim Cap
Suitable for both short and long hair, this swim cap can also be used for indoor swimming. It is durable, and the material is UV resistant, protecting the hair and the scalp from the sun, especially after swimming in a pool with chlorine.
- The cap does not move from the head while swimming
- Comes in 5 colors
- UV resistant material
- The material provides a good amount of stretch, perfect for both male and female swimmers
- Quick drying
TYR Lycra Swim Cap
This swimming cap is durable and stretchy, and it is bigger for a more comfortable fit no matter the length or thickness of the hair. It is easy to wear and remove, and it doesn’t sag on the head.
- 80% of the swimming cap is made using recycled nylon while the other 20% is made using highly durable Lycra
- The swim cap is mainly designed for recreational swimmers and not professionals
- Comes in a total of 6 colors
Royal Swim Cap for Long Hair
This swim cap is designed for people with long hair, and it comes with accessories nose clips and earplugs. It is made of silicone for durability and breathability. It comes in a universal size, making it unisex.
- 100% waterproof, which means the cap will not let any water get inside the cap. It doesn’t matter how frequently you swim and whether or not you are a professional
- The caps are great for wavy, curly, straight and fleecy hair types
- The materials used are top quality and overly sturdy. Moreover, the silicone is hypoallergenic, which means it is made from non-toxic materials.
- High durability
- Universal size – it is unisex
- Great stretch
- Comes in 3 colors (pink, black and blue)
Pool safety is something that should be observed very stringently or else people can end up drowning, leading to death. One can also protect their hair from the water using any of the swim caps that we have reviewed above.